What happens if I miss a dose of Lantus?

Lantus should be taken at the same time every day. Your doctor will give you instructions on what to do if you miss a dose. Maintaining a proper balance of insulin and sugar in the body is important to avoid possibly serious side effects from hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia, including coma and death. You should not take more than one dose of Lantus in a 24 hour period unless your doctor instructs you otherwise.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What is exenatide for diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Exenatide (brand name Byetta) is the first in a new class of drugs for the treatment of type 2 diabe...
Does liraglutide cause any side effects?
Side effects may include headache, indigestion, nausea, low blood sugar, diarrhea, constipation, vom...
What should I know before taking alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or may be pregnant, alpha-glucosidase inhibitors m...
How does Novolog Flexpen treat diabetes?
In type 1 diabetes, the pancreas fails to produce insulin. Your body needs insulin to convert blood ...