What happens if I miss a dose of Lantus?

Lantus should be taken at the same time every day. Your doctor will give you instructions on what to do if you miss a dose. Maintaining a proper balance of insulin and sugar in the body is important to avoid possibly serious side effects from hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia, including coma and death. You should not take more than one dose of Lantus in a 24 hour period unless your doctor instructs you otherwise.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

what are thiazolidinediones ?
Scripps HealthScripps Health
Thiazolidinediones (TZDs) address the body’s inability to use insulin effectively to control blood s...
how do the diabetes drugs byetta and victoza affect weight ?
Ms. Vandana  R. ShethMs. Vandana R. Sheth
Byetta and Victoza slow down gastric emptying and acts as an appetite suppressant. Both of these mec...
how much insulin do i need per gram of carbohydrate ?
Toby SmithsonToby Smithson
The insulin to carbohydrate (I:C) equation takes into account the amount of 1 unit of rapid active i...
what should i know before taking liraglutide ?
Liraglutide is not recommended for children and teens under age 18. If you have had thyroid cancer ...