What happens if I miss a dose of Lantus?

Lantus should be taken at the same time every day. Your doctor will give you instructions on what to do if you miss a dose. Maintaining a proper balance of insulin and sugar in the body is important to avoid possibly serious side effects from hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia, including coma and death. You should not take more than one dose of Lantus in a 24 hour period unless your doctor instructs you otherwise.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What is Symlin (pramlintide acetate) for diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Pramlintide (brand name Symlin) is a synthetic form of the hormone amylin, which is produced along w...
What are sulfonylurea drugs?
Sulfonylureas lower blood glucose by stimulating beta cells in the pancreas to release insulin. Sulf...
Does liraglutide cause any side effects?
Side effects may include headache, indigestion, nausea, low blood sugar, diarrhea, constipation, vom...
How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...