What are the side effects of NovoLog?

The primary side effect of NovoLog (insulin aspart) is low blood sugar, or hypoglycemia. Signs of hypoglycemia include dizziness, irritability or mood swings, cold sweats, shakiness, extreme hunger, blurred vision, confusion, seizures, unconsciousness, loss of coordination, and difficulty speaking.

You may also experience skin irritation at the injection site, including redness or thinning or thickening of skin tissue, but this is a minor side effect.

See your doctor immediately if you experience unusual muscle pain. As with any food or drug, you may experience an allergic reaction from NovoLog, which includes rash, itching, hives, swelling of your throat or mouth, and trouble breathing. If you have signs of an allergic reaction, get emergency medical help right away.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
Avandia, as of today, remains on the US market. However, it has been “banned” in Europe due to conce...
How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...
If I need insulin to control my blood glucose, which type should I take?
Your insulin doses should mimic how insulin works naturally in the body. In people without diabetes,...
How do Januvia and Onglyza help treat diabetes?
Onglyza (saxagliptin) is approved for use by people with type 2 diabetes which is also being control...