Is Lantus safe for long-term use?

Some observational studies suggested that Lantus may lead to an increased risk of cancer; however, more recent research has found no increased risk. Despite this possible link, doctors recommend Lantus for long-term use because the risks of untreated diabetes are more immediate. Ask your doctor and thoroughly research all the risks and benefits of Lantus before taking it.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How can I predict my body's use of injected insulin?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Even if you eat the same amount and exercise the same amount every day, you won’t always be able to ...
How do meglitinide drugs help treat diabetes?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
The meglitinides Prandin and Starlix prompt the body to make more insulin. They are fast-acting and ...
Do any other drugs interact with pramlintide?
Because pramlintide may affect absorption rates of some oral drugs, follow instructions carefully fo...
What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
Avandia improves how insulin is used in your body. It also decreases the amount of sugar released by...