Is there a generic version of Lantus Solostar?

There is no generic version of Lantus Solostar, a form of the prescription drug insulin glargine used to treat diabetes. The drug is still protected by patents that prevent generic versions. Additionally, Lantus Solostar is classified as a biologic drug, which according to U.S. law cannot be manufactured in generic versions.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How can I predict my body's use of injected insulin?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Even if you eat the same amount and exercise the same amount every day, you won’t always be able to ...
What are sulfonylurea drugs for treating diabetes?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Sulfonylureas are an effective treatment for type 2 diabetes. However, like most medication, they ha...
What are the side effects of sulfonylurea drugs for treating diabetes?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Side effects may include nausea, vomiting, abdominal discomfort, heartburn, weight gain, and low blo...
How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...