Is there a generic version of Onglyza?

Onglyza (saxagliptin) is a brand name for the active ingredient saxagliptin. Onglyza is one of the newer medications developed to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus. The current patent for Onglyza will expire in February 2021. If no lawsuits or extensions are applied, it may be available in generic version soon after that date.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...
Does liraglutide cause any side effects?
Side effects may include headache, indigestion, nausea, low blood sugar, diarrhea, constipation, vom...
Do alpha-glucosidase inhibitors have any drug interactions?
Drugs that may cause hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia need to be administered with caution to prevent l...
How does Novolog Flexpen treat diabetes?
In type 1 diabetes, the pancreas fails to produce insulin. Your body needs insulin to convert blood ...