Is there a generic version of Onglyza?

Onglyza (saxagliptin) is a brand name for the active ingredient saxagliptin. Onglyza is one of the newer medications developed to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus. The current patent for Onglyza will expire in February 2021. If no lawsuits or extensions are applied, it may be available in generic version soon after that date.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

If I need insulin to control my blood glucose, which type should I take?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Your insulin doses should mimic how insulin works naturally in the body. In people without diabetes,...
How effective is liraglutide?
People taking liraglutide for a year along with a program of diet and exercise lost an average of 18...
What is exenatide for diabetes?
Exenatide (brand name Byetta) is the first in a new class of drugs for the treatment of type 2 diabe...
What should I know before taking a sulfonylurea?
If you take a sulfonylurea, you should avoid alcohol. If you have renal insufficiency, you should n...