Is there a generic version of glipizide-metformin?

Yes, glipizide-metformin is the generic version of this oral diabetic medication and, consequently, it is the main ingredient. This medication is available either in its generic form, called glipizide-metformin, or a brand name, called Metaglip. Glipizide-metformin can be found in regular tablet form or in an extended release form. All of these medications help to lower blood sugar levels related to type 2 diabetes. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved generic glipizide-metformin that is manufactured by pharmaceutical companies like Teva Pharmaceuticals, Mylan Laboratories and Caraco.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How can I predict my body's use of injected insulin?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Even if you eat the same amount and exercise the same amount every day, you won’t always be able to ...
Do sulfonylureas interact with any other medications?
If you are taking bosentan, you should not take glyburide and avoid tolbutamide if possible. If you...
How do Januvia and Onglyza help treat diabetes?
Onglyza (saxagliptin) is approved for use by people with type 2 diabetes which is also being control...
What is exenatide for diabetes?
Exenatide (brand name Byetta) is the first in a new class of drugs for the treatment of type 2 diabe...