Is Novolog Flexpen safe during pregnancy or while breastfeeding?

Novolog Flexpen is considered safe for use during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Experiencing both high and low blood sugar while pregnant can cause birth defects, so it is important to control your glucose levels. While the insulin from Novolog Flexpen could possibly be passed through breast milk, it should not harm infants. Discuss the risks and benefits of using Novolog Flexpen if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How much insulin do I need per gram of carbohydrate?
Toby SmithsonToby Smithson
The insulin to carbohydrate (I:C) equation takes into account the amount of 1 unit of rapid active i...
What should I know before taking pramlintide?
If you have diabetic gastropathy, you should not take pramlintide. Pramlintide increases the risk o...
Do alpha-glucosidase inhibitors have any drug interactions?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Drugs that may cause hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia need to be administered with caution to prevent l...
How effective is liraglutide?
People taking liraglutide for a year along with a program of diet and exercise lost an average of 18...