If I am pregnant, is it safe to use Apidra?

Talk to your doctor about whether you should take the diabetes drug Apidra (insulin glulisine) during pregnancy. The Food and Drug Administration classifies this drug as Pregnancy Category C. That means there are no well-controlled studies of this drug in pregnant women, but animal studies show that it may have an adverse effect on a developing fetus. Your doctor will be able to help you weigh the potential benefits of taking Apidra during pregnancy against its potential risks.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What should I know before taking pramlintide?
If you have diabetic gastropathy, you should not take pramlintide. Pramlintide increases the risk o...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
Do alpha-glucosidase inhibitors have any drug interactions?
Drugs that may cause hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia need to be administered with caution to prevent l...
What are thiazolidinediones?
Scripps HealthScripps Health
Thiazolidinediones (TZDs) address the body’s inability to use insulin effectively to control blood s...