Who should not take Cymbalta?

You should not take Cymbalta if you are allergic to its ingredients or if you suffer from serious kidney or liver disease. If you drink large amounts of alcohol, avoid using Cymbalta. You also should not take Cymbalta if you are using a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI), the drug thioridazine, or if you have narrow-angle glaucoma (uncontrolled increased pressure in your eyes). You should not take this drug if you are taking other medications that have serious side effects when combined with Cymbalta. You should not use this drug if you are a child or adolescent.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Which common foods and drugs can interact dangerously with antidepressants?
The following information will provide the most common and easily avoided sources of adverse dru...
Should I keep taking antidepressants after I start feeling better?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
If you’re taking antidepressant medications, continue to do so even when you feel that the depre...
What are disadvantages of antidepressants for bipolar disorder treatment?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
It cannot be stressed enough that the use of antidepressants in bipolar I can provoke manic episodes...
What conditions do antidepressants treat?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
Antidepressants are Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved for treating major depression (i.e.,...