When can I stop taking Tofranil?

Your doctor will advise you about when and how to stop taking the antidepressant Tofranil (imipramine). Don't stop taking it suddenly. It's likely your doctor will have you gradually taper off the drug rather than quit cold turkey.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
How can I choose an antidepressant?
Michael D. Banov, MDMichael D. Banov, MD
The best way to decide on which antidepressant to take is by educating yourself about what options a...
What are the risks of taking antidepressants during pregnancy?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
Antidepressants are generally reserved for the treatment of serious depression during pregnancy....
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?