When can I stop taking Luvox?

You can stop taking Luvox (fluvoxamine) when you and your doctor together decide it is safe and appropriate for you to do so. Do not stop taking Luvox without talking to your doctor first, because stopping Luvox abruptly may cause withdrawal symptoms. Your doctor may want to lower your dose gradually to minimize the risk of withdrawal symptoms.

Luvox is prescribed to treat obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) by adjusting the level of the chemical serotonin in the brain. Talk to your doctor for more information about stopping Luvox treatment safely.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
How can antidepressants help with weight loss?
Craig B. Primack, MDCraig B. Primack, MD
Antidepressants are confusing when it comes to weight loss. Some of them have been shown to increase...
How can I stop taking antidepressant medications safely?
Columbia University Department of SurgeryColumbia University Department of Surgery
Antidepressant medications need to be tapered and should only be done with consultation of your doct...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?