What should I do in case of a desipramine overdose?

In case of a desipramine overdose, you should call your local poison control center right away and seek immediate medical help. Overdoses are very serious and should be treated as soon as possible. Overdoses of desipramine can cause widened pupils, tiredness, irregular heartbeats, vomiting, confusion, blurred vision, hallucinations, rapid changes in body temperature, muscle stiffness, convulsions, seizures or coma.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
What are disadvantages of antidepressants for bipolar disorder treatment?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
It cannot be stressed enough that the use of antidepressants in bipolar I can provoke manic episodes...
What conditions do antidepressants treat?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
Antidepressants are Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved for treating major depression (i.e.,...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?