In what forms can Paxil be used?

Paxil (paroxetine) is available as a tablet that comes in four different doses, as an extended-release (or long-acting) tablet in three different doses, and in an orange-flavored liquid that contains 10 milligrams (mg) of paroxetine per 5 milliliters (mL) of liquid. Doctors prescribe Paxil to treat depression, post-traumatic stress disorder and several anxiety disorders.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
What are disadvantages of antidepressants for bipolar disorder in dementia?
Sarah N. Mourra, MDSarah N. Mourra, MD
Starting antidepressants in individuals with dementia and depression who may have an underlying bipo...
How should I take antidepressants if I have bipolar disorder?
World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)
Most guidelines recommend an antidepressant only if in combination with a mood stabilizer (e.g. lith...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?