In what forms can Paxil be used?

Paxil (paroxetine) is available as a tablet that comes in four different doses, as an extended-release (or long-acting) tablet in three different doses, and in an orange-flavored liquid that contains 10 milligrams (mg) of paroxetine per 5 milliliters (mL) of liquid. Doctors prescribe Paxil to treat depression, post-traumatic stress disorder and several anxiety disorders.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
How can I stop taking antidepressant medications safely?
Columbia University Department of SurgeryColumbia University Department of Surgery
Antidepressant medications need to be tapered and should only be done with consultation of your doct...
Should I keep taking antidepressants after I start feeling better?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
If you’re taking antidepressant medications, continue to do so even when you feel that the depre...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?