How soon after starting Parnate will my symptoms improve?

You may start to feel better within two days to three weeks after you begin taking the antidepressant Parnate (tranylcypromine). However, it will probably take many weeks before you get the full effect of taking the drug. Most likely, your doctor will start you on a low dose of Parnate and may slowly increase it over several weeks depending on how you react.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
What should I know about nortriptyline before taking it?
Nortriptyline may increase the risk of suicide in children and adolescents. If you have a seizure d...
Can antidepressants cause bone loss?
David Slovik, MDDavid Slovik, MD
Evidence is growing that serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), a popular class of antidepressan...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?