How should I take citalopram?

Your doctor will give you specific instructions as to the proper dosage and time frame for taking citalopram. It is extremely important for your safety that you carefully follow the instructions given to you. Your doctor may recommend that the medication be taken with food or without, or at certain times of day. If there is a question as to the proper dosage or other indications, contact your physician directly for more information. Otherwise, take citalopram exactly as prescribed, in the exact amounts, at the designated times, and with any additional considerations discussed with your doctor.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
Can teens take antidepressants for bipolar disorder?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
The use of antidepressants in the treatment of bipolar disorder is fraught with problems. There is g...
How can I stop taking antidepressant medications safely?
Columbia University Department of SurgeryColumbia University Department of Surgery
Antidepressant medications need to be tapered and should only be done with consultation of your doct...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?