Can Pristiq cause breathing problems?

Pristiq can cause a combination of breathing problems including lung disease and pneumonia. Stop taking it and call your doctor right away if you have pain, discomfort or tightness in your chest; shortness of breath; wheezing; trouble breathing; or a cough. Talk to your doctor about ways to reduce your risk of breathing problems while taking Pristiq.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
Can I have a good sex life if I'm on antidepressants?
Jan L. Shifren, MDJan L. Shifren, MD
You don't need to sacrifice your sex life in order to treat depression. Some newer antidepressan...
How is doxepin used to treat insomnia?
Doxepin is a drug usually used to treat depression. The version for treating insomnia (Silenor) is a...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?