Can I still consume alcohol when taking amitriptyline?

If you normally consume large amounts of alcohol, discuss this with your doctor. Be honest about the amount of alcohol that you have daily because this can affect the medication's effectiveness.

Continue Learning about Antidepressant

Are Antidepressants Safe to Take During Pregnancy?
Research suggests that depression is diagnosed twice as often in women as it is in men, and it typically presents during a woman’s childbearing years....
What should I know before taking tricyclic antidepressants?
Some tricyclic antidepressants may not be safe or effective for children and adolescents. Consult in...
What are the side effects of nortriptyline?
Side effects may include drowsiness, lethargy, fatigue, weakness, dry mouth, eye and vision problems...
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?
What Is Treatment-Resistant Depression?