What happens if I miss a dose of phenytoin?

If you miss a dosage of your phenytoin medication, you should take your dosage as soon as you can. However, if it is near the time for your next dosage, skip the dose you missed and take the prescribed dosage on schedule. You should never take two dosages at a time.

Continue Learning about Anticonvulsant

What should I know before taking an anticonvulsant for migraines?
Dr. David C. Fiore, MDDr. David C. Fiore, MD
Before starting an anticonvulsant for migraines, it is important to discuss the pros and cons with y...
Can I take Neurontin with other medicines?
MDLIVEMDLIVE
Yes, but check with your doctor or pharmacist on possible interactions. Generally, neurontin won't s...
What are side effects of anticonvulsants?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
Here are side effects of anticonvulsants:Common side effects: Each anticonvulsant has specific side ...
How is gabapentin used to treat hot flashes?
Gabapentin (Neurontin, Gralise) was developed to treat seizures. It has also been used to help to re...