Can Phenytek effect my emotional and mental health?

Phenytek (phenytoin) can cause changes in mental health in some people. This drug may make you feel anxious or depressed and it may cause panic attacks and cause you to feel suicidal. Because this drug can affect your mental health, you may not realize that your feelings are caused by it. Make sure your family and caregivers are aware that Phenytek can cause mental health problems. Ask them to call your doctor for you if they notice your mental health or emotional state has changed.

Continue Learning about Anticonvulsant

How effective are anticonvulsants for treating migraines?
Valproic acid and topiramate have been considered the top choices among anticonvulsants for reducing...
Is it safe to take anticonvulsants during pregnancy?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
There is a risk of birth defects when taking anticonvulsants during pregnancy (especially the first ...
What should I know before taking an anticonvulsant for migraines?
Your doctor will need to assess your liver function before starting treatment. Serum bicarbonate wil...
How is gabapentin used to treat hot flashes?
Gabapentin (Neurontin, Gralise) was developed to treat seizures. It has also been used to help to re...