Is divalproex safe for treating migraine?

Divalproex has been around for many years and is indicated for migraine prevention. Many patients tolerate it well. The falls are dangerous to you and the neurologist will be monitoring you on this drug. It is important to discuss the benefits (hopefully less falls and migraines) versus the risks of the medication (the side effects) with your physician.

Continue Learning about Anticonvulsant

Can I take Neurontin with other medicines?
MDLIVEMDLIVE
Yes, but check with your doctor or pharmacist on possible interactions. Generally, neurontin won't s...
What medications interact with anticonvulsants?
Dr. John Preston, PsyDDr. John Preston, PsyD
Anticonvulsants can interact adversely with the following medications. Interactions vary depending o...
What should I know before taking an anticonvulsant for migraines?
Dr. David C. Fiore, MDDr. David C. Fiore, MD
Before starting an anticonvulsant for migraines, it is important to discuss the pros and cons with y...
What are the side effects of valproic acid in people with dementia?
Sarah N. Mourra, MDSarah N. Mourra, MD
The side effects or adverse effects from valproic acid (Depakote) in people with dementia involve ra...