How should I take ethosuximide?

Ethosuximide comes in a tablet and in the form of a syrup. Tell your doctor which form you're more comfortable taking. You do not need to take ethosuximide with food. You also don't need to change your diet while taking this drug. Ethosuximide is usually taken once a day, so try to take ethosuximide around the same time every day. Take this drug only as directed by your doctor and pharmacist.

Continue Learning about Anticonvulsant

Can I take Neurontin with other medicines?
MDLIVEMDLIVE
Yes, but check with your doctor or pharmacist on possible interactions. Generally, neurontin won't s...
How does Topamax (topiramate) treat migraines?
Dr. Steven A. Meyers, MDDr. Steven A. Meyers, MD
No medication works for everybody, and it is not unusual to have to try several medications before y...
What should I know before taking an anticonvulsant for migraines?
Dr. David C. Fiore, MDDr. David C. Fiore, MD
Before starting an anticonvulsant for migraines, it is important to discuss the pros and cons with y...
What are side effects of using anticonvulsants for bipolar?
Anticonvulsants, like most medications carry a variety of side effects including gastrointestinal an...