Who should not take Dificid?

Dificid is not approved for children under age 18. Besides that, there is no group of people who categorically should not take Dificid, an antibiotic prescribed for treatment of severe diarrhea caused by Clostridium difficile (C. difficile). However, women who are pregnant or who are nursing should make sure their doctors know if Dificid is prescribed for them. While animal studies haven't shown the drug to be harmful during pregnancy or for infants, there have been no human studies to prove that it's safe.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
Is there a generic version of Baciguent (bacitracin)?
There is a generic version of Baciguent (bacitracin). It is an inexpensive over-the-counter (OTC) me...
When should I take antibiotics?
Antibiotics kill both bad and good bacteria. In this video, Dr. Oz tells us when you should take...