What is daptomycin (Cubicin)?

Daptomycin (Cubicin) is an antibiotic injected in the vein by a qualified medical professional, such as a doctor or nurse. It is in the class of antibiotics known as the cyclic lipopeptide antibiotics. It is given to fight blood or skin infections, and even some types of pneumonia. It is usually only given in hospitals or at outpatient health services, but it may be given in a home health-care setting.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Should I give my child antibiotics for a viral infection?
Remember: Antibiotics treat bacterial infections, not viruses. Don't push your pediatrician for an...
Is there a generic version of Baciguent (bacitracin)?
There is a generic version of Baciguent (bacitracin). It is an inexpensive over-the-counter (OTC) me...