What is an antibiotic ointment?

An antibiotic ointment is an oil-based preparation that fights bacteria on the skin. For example, Neosporin and bacitracin are antibiotic ointments.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

do i need antibiotics for my cold if my mucous is thick , green or yellow ?
Thick, green or yellow mucus does not necessarily mean you need antibiotics. Mucus is often thicker ...
can overuse of antibiotics cause liver damage ?
Certain antibiotics can cause damage to the liver, some types such as isoniazid, nitrofurantoin,...
can antibiotics treat cholesteatoma ?
Often, ear infections occur with cholesteatoma, and antibiotics are frequently used to treat those i...
does my child need antibiotics if his nose runs with yellow or green mucus ?
When germs that cause colds first infect the nose and sinuses, the nose makes clear mucus. This help...