What happens if I don't finish my antibiotic prescription?

It is important to complete your antibiotic course as prescribed. This prevents the infection from worsening or coming back, or having an infection that is resistant to the antibiotic.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
How do antibiotics work with the body's immune system?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Sometimes the body's immune system is unable to activate itself quickly enough to outpace the reprod...
How do antibiotics work?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Antibiotics kill single-cell organisms called bacteria. If bacteria make it past our immune systems ...
How does antibiotic resistance affect healthcare costs?
Antibiotic resistance is an economic burden on the entire healthcare system. Resistant infections co...