Who should not take colistimethate injection?

Colistimethate injection should not be taken if you have diarrhea before beginning treatment. Tell your doctor if you have ever had an allergic reaction to colistimethate medications or if you have a history of liver, kidney or lung disease. Do not take colistimethate injection if you are pregnant or nursing.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
How do antibiotics work?
Each type of antibiotic targets a specific aspect of a bacteria's life by interfering with either th...
Should I let my doctor know I am using antibiotic ointment?
It is always important to let your doctor know what medications you are on. Some ointments can c...