How soon after taking nitrofurantoin will my symptoms improve?

Within a week after taking nitrofurantoin your symptoms should improve. Nitrofurantoin is usually taken two to four times per day for at least seven days. Always take nitrofurantoin as directed in order to receive the best results.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Should I give my child antibiotics for a viral infection?
Remember: Antibiotics treat bacterial infections, not viruses. Don't push your pediatrician for an...
Can I take antibiotics for an oral infection if I'm pregnant?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Your dentist may need to use or prescribe medication as part of your treatment. Some medications...