How soon after starting Dificid will my symptoms improve?

Dificid (fidaxomicin), an antibiotic for severe diarrhea caused by the bacterium Clostridium difficile, should start to work within a few days. It is usually taken twice a day for 10 days. Even if you start to feel better in a day or two, continue to take the pills as your doctor has told you for the full course of the treatment. That will help ensure that you recover fully and that Dificid can work for you if you need it again in the future.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

do i need an antibiotic ?
do i need an antibiotic ?
if you ’ve got a fever and you’re coughing , congested or battling a sore throat , chances are you’re also missing work , losing sleep—and running out...
how do antibiotics work with the body immune system ?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Sometimes the body's immune system is unable to activate itself quickly enough to outpace the reprod...
what happens if i do not finish my antibiotic prescription ?
It is important to complete your antibiotic course as prescribed. This prevents the infection fr...
can overuse of antibiotics cause liver damage ?
Certain antibiotics can cause damage to the liver, some types such as isoniazid, nitrofurantoin,...