How soon after starting Dificid will my symptoms improve?

Dificid (fidaxomicin), an antibiotic for severe diarrhea caused by the bacterium Clostridium difficile, should start to work within a few days. It is usually taken twice a day for 10 days. Even if you start to feel better in a day or two, continue to take the pills as your doctor has told you for the full course of the treatment. That will help ensure that you recover fully and that Dificid can work for you if you need it again in the future.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Can taking antibiotics cause my child to have loose stools?
Dr. Tanya R. Altmann, MDDr. Tanya R. Altmann, MD
This is not an allergic reaction to the medicine. Diarrhea and mild abdominal pain are two of the mo...
Why should I continue taking antibiotics even if I feel better?
Cynthia Kubas , NASM Elite TrainerCynthia Kubas , NASM Elite Trainer
Microorganisms multiply rapidly, and as the "parent" microbes are exposed to the antibiotic in your ...