How soon after starting Dificid will my symptoms improve?

Dificid (fidaxomicin), an antibiotic for severe diarrhea caused by the bacterium Clostridium difficile, should start to work within a few days. It is usually taken twice a day for 10 days. Even if you start to feel better in a day or two, continue to take the pills as your doctor has told you for the full course of the treatment. That will help ensure that you recover fully and that Dificid can work for you if you need it again in the future.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Should I give my child antibiotics for a viral infection?
Antibiotics should not be given for viral infections. Antibiotics are effective against bacteria...
Does my child need antibiotics for his runny nose?
With a runny nose, antibiotics are needed only if your healthcare provider tells you that your child...