How soon after taking kanamycin will my symptoms improve?

If you are receiving kanamycin for an existing infection, your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cleared, so you will continue to receive it for the amount of time that the doctor directed.

Kanamycin is sometimes used to irrigate the open abdomen of patients during surgery involving the bowels, in which case you will not notice any symptoms.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
When is it appropriate to give children antibiotics?
When your child is coughing, sneezing, and downright miserable, the temptation is there to request a...
What should I avoid while using an antibiotic ointment?
While you are using an antibiotic ointment, avoid things that will irritate your wound like clot...