Should I drive a car while taking nitrofurantoin?

Nitrofurantoin may cause you to become drowsy, so you should avoid driving when you are taking it. You should also stay away from operating heavy machinery. Be aware of times when you cannot react as quickly or think as clearly. Talk to your doctor about other activities that you should limit while taking nitrofurantoin.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
How can I safely take antibiotics?
Do not demand antibiotics when a doctor says they are not needed. Do not take an antibiotic for a vi...
Can I take antibiotics for an oral infection if I'm pregnant?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Your dentist may need to use or prescribe medication as part of your treatment. Some medications...