Should I drive a car while taking nitrofurantoin?

Nitrofurantoin may cause you to become drowsy, so you should avoid driving when you are taking it. You should also stay away from operating heavy machinery. Be aware of times when you cannot react as quickly or think as clearly. Talk to your doctor about other activities that you should limit while taking nitrofurantoin.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Do I need antibiotics if I have green nasal mucus?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
When cold or flu germs infect the nose, the nose makes mucus to help wash the germs away. At fir...
How can I safely take antibiotics?
Do not demand antibiotics when a doctor says they are not needed. Do not take an antibiotic for a vi...