How does aztreonam for inhalation solution interact with other medications?

No clinical trials have been done to test drug interactions with aztreonam for inhalation solution. People who have had a prior allergic reaction to beta-lactam antibiotics, including penicillin, cephalosporins, and carbapenems, may theoretically be at a greater risk for an allergic reaction to aztreonam for inhalation solution, but this reaction was not reported in clinical trials. It is always a good idea to tell your doctor about all prescription or over-the-counter medications you are taking before starting aztreonam for inhalation solution.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Is there a generic version of Baciguent (bacitracin)?
There is a generic version of Baciguent (bacitracin). It is an inexpensive over-the-counter (OTC) me...
When should I take antibiotics?
Antibiotics kill both bad and good bacteria. In this video, Dr. Oz tells us when you should take...