Why is there a boxed warning on Dulera?

There is a boxed warning on the asthma drug Dulera (mometasone and formoterol) because one of the ingredients in it, formoterol, belongs to a class of drugs called long-acting beta-agonists, or LABAs. Research has shown that people with asthma who take LABA medications have an increased risk of death from asthma. In addition, children and teens who take LABA drugs have an increased risk of being hospitalized for asthma problems.

If your symptoms do not improve or if they worsen within one to two weeks of taking Dulera, call your doctor. If you experience a sudden worsening of your symptoms that isn't relieved by using a rescue inhaler, call 911.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

Can taking antiasthma medications increase my risk for eye problems?
Risks of taking Dulera for asthma Taking the asthma drug Dulera (mometasone and formoterol) may incr...
Can medication cure COPD?
Below are a list of medications often used to treat symtoms of COPD: Brovana: Brovana (arformoter...
Could I be allergic to Advair Diskus?
It is possible to have an allergic reaction to the medicines contained in your Advair Diskus inhaler...