What is Atrovent?

Atrovent (ipratropium) is a prescription drug that opens up constricted airways and treats symptoms of bronchitis, emphysema and asthma. As a nebulizer solution and inhaled aerosol, Atrovent opens air passages which allow more oxygen to reach the lungs and decreases coughing and shortness of breath. It is one of a class of drugs called bronchodilators. Atrovent nasal spray is used to treat a runny nose that is caused by the common cold, allergies or other causes.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

Can taking antiasthma medications increase my risk for eye problems?
Risks of taking Dulera for asthma Taking the asthma drug Dulera (mometasone and formoterol) may incr...
What is ipratropium nasal spray?
Ipratropium (Atrovent) is a prescription nasal spray that reduces the amount of fluid and mucus in t...
Does theophylline interact with any other medications?
If you are taking deferasirox, iobenguane I-123, pancuronium, or riociguat, theophylline can lead to...
How effective is omalizumab at treating nasal allergies?
Omalizumab has been shown to provide symptom relief, lessen the need for rescue medication, and impr...