What is Atrovent?

Atrovent (ipratropium) is a prescription drug that opens up constricted airways and treats symptoms of bronchitis, emphysema and asthma. As a nebulizer solution and inhaled aerosol, Atrovent opens air passages which allow more oxygen to reach the lungs and decreases coughing and shortness of breath. It is one of a class of drugs called bronchodilators. Atrovent nasal spray is used to treat a runny nose that is caused by the common cold, allergies or other causes.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

Does theophylline interact with any other medications?
If you are taking deferasirox, iobenguane I-123, pancuronium, or riociguat, theophylline can lead to...
What should I know before taking omalizumab?
It is not known if omalizumab is safe or effective for children under 6 years of age. Omalizumab ma...
How effective are long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilators?
A long-acting beta-agonist combined with a corticosteroid reduces asthma symptoms and the frequency ...
What are the side effects of theophylline?
Side effects may include headache, restlessness, insomnia, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, abdominal cr...