What should I know about Atrovent HFA before using it?

Atrovent HFA (ipratropium) does not treat bronchospasm. The drug is designed as a long-term preventive and management therapy.  Use it exactly as prescribed for optimum effectiveness. Before using Atrovent HFA, make sure that your doctor is aware if you have an enlarged prostate, bladder obstruction or narrow-angle glaucoma, which may affect your ability to use the drug. Tell your doctor if you have any allergies to ipratropium, atropine or any other ingredients in this drug.

Inform your doctor of any other drugs that you're taking or intend to take while you are using Atrovent HFA. If you don't experience symptom relief or your condition gets worse, call you doctor. Store the canister away from excessive heat, as this may cause it to burst. Some people report wheezing and breathing problems after their first use of the drug. If this occurs, stop using Atrovent HFA and call your doctor.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

Can medication cure COPD?
Below are a list of medications often used to treat symtoms of COPD: Brovana: Brovana (arformoter...
Could I be allergic to Advair Diskus?
It is possible to have an allergic reaction to the medicines contained in your Advair Diskus inhaler...
Can taking antiasthma medications increase my risk for eye problems?
Risks of taking Dulera for asthma Taking the asthma drug Dulera (mometasone and formoterol) may incr...