Can I take pirbuterol acetate while breastfeeding?

We don't yet know whether pirbuterol is passed along in your breast milk or what kind of effects pirbuterol may have on your breastfeeding baby. Before deciding to nurse your baby, talk with your doctor and your baby's pediatrician. Together, you can discuss possible risks to your baby compared to the benefits of breastfeeding and come up with a plan that makes both of you comfortable.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

Can taking antiasthma medications increase my risk for eye problems?
Risks of taking Dulera for asthma Taking the asthma drug Dulera (mometasone and formoterol) may incr...
How effective is theophylline at treating asthma?
Theophylline is an alternative treatment for asthma. When taken alone, it improves lung function, bu...
What is ipratropium nasal spray?
Ipratropium (Atrovent) is a prescription nasal spray that reduces the amount of fluid and mucus in t...
Does omalizumab interact with any other medications?
If you are taking belimumab or loxapine, omalizumab can lead to side effects and should be avoided. ...