If I am pregnant, is it safe to use Dulera?

If you're pregnant, talk to your doctor about whether you should take Dulera (mometasone and formoterol), a drug prescribed to treat asthma. There are no good studies on the use of Dulera in pregnant women, but research in animals suggests that the drug may harm a developing fetus.

Dulera contains two active ingredients, mometasone, an inhaled corticosteroid, and formoterol, a long-acting beta-agonist (LABA) drug. Some research indicates that infants born to women who take corticosteroids during pregnancy are at increased risk of adrenal gland problems. Dulera may also interfere with normal contractions if taken during delivery. In deciding whether you should take Dulera, you and your doctor may need to weigh the potential benefits to you against the potential risks to your developing fetus. If you become pregnant while taking Dulera, call your doctor.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

What should I know about theophylline before taking it?
If you take theophylline, you should avoid alcohol. If you have a seizure disorder that is not adeq...
What should I know before using ipratropium nasal spray?
If you have bladder neck obstruction, enlarged prostate (BPH), or narrow-angle glaucoma, ipratropium...
What are the side effects of theophylline?
Side effects may include headache, restlessness, insomnia, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, abdominal cr...
What is ipratropium nasal spray?
Ipratropium (Atrovent) is a prescription nasal spray that reduces the amount of fluid and mucus in t...