Is it safe to breastfeed my baby while taking Advair HFA?

It is not known whether a mother who takes Advair will pass the medicines in her breast milk. But because the drugs can cause serious side effects that could be especially harmful to a young infant, the manufacturer of Advair HFA recommends that nursing mothers either quit the drug or stop breastfeeding. Consult with your doctor about what option is best for you.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

Does omalizumab have any side effects?
Side effects may include injection site reactions, upper respiratory tract and sinus infections, hea...
What should I know about theophylline before taking it?
If you take theophylline, you should avoid alcohol. If you have a seizure disorder that is not adeq...
What should I know before taking omalizumab?
It is not known if omalizumab is safe or effective for children under 6 years of age. Omalizumab ma...
How effective is omalizumab at treating nasal allergies?
Omalizumab has been shown to provide symptom relief, lessen the need for rescue medication, and impr...