What should I avoid while taking sulfadoxine and pyrimethamine?

While taking this medication, you should pay close attention to any side effects you experience, as these can worsen very quickly. Until you know how you will react to sulfadoxine and pyrimethamine, you should avoid driving or operating heavy machinery. This medication can cause sensitivity to sunlight, so try to limit your sun exposure. Also, try to sleep under mosquito netting and use mosquito repellant to avoid the insects that carry malaria.

Avoid skipping doses of sulfadoxine and pyrimethamine, because if you skip a dose of this medicine or do not finish it completely, you allow the parasite to reproduce and form a resistance to the medication.

Continue Learning about Anti-Infective Agent

What is hydroxychloroquine?
Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) was developed to treat malaria, but was later found to be an effectiv...
What should I know about hydroxychloroquine before taking it?
Hydroxychloroquine should not be taken for prolonged periods by children. If you have glucose-6-pho...
What side effects does hydroxychloroquine cause?
Side effects may include retinal problems, headaches, dizziness, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting,...
How effective is hydroxychloroquine for treating rheumatoid arthritis?
Hydroxychloroquine has not been studied as much as other DMARDs. For people with RA, it seems to be ...