First, you must avoid missing any doses of the TB drug isoniazid. Your doctor should give you a list of foods to avoid if you are taking it. The foods to avoid include: aged cheeses, avocados, bananas, raisins, sour cream, soy sauce, some sausages and meats, including liver; some fish, including skipjack, tropical fish and tuna, beer and red wine. You should restrict alcohol consumption while taking isoniazid because it boosts your risk for liver problems.
- Q How should I take isoniazid?
- Q Is there a generic version of isoniazid?
- Q What should I know about isoniazid before taking it?
- Q What happens if I miss a dose of isoniazid?
- Q How soon after taking isoniazid will my symptoms improve?
- Q Who should not take isoniazid?