How can I manage the side effects of primaquine?

You can manage side effects by taking primaquine as directed. Do not take more or less than you should. Do not skip doses and do not double doses if you miss a dose. Try to take it as the same time each day, and do not take it for longer than prescribed. Do not stop taking primaquine without talking to your doctor. Discuss with your doctor or pharmacist about any directions you do not understand.

Continue Learning about Anti-Infective Agent

What should I know about hydroxychloroquine before taking it?
Hydroxychloroquine should not be taken for prolonged periods by children. If you have glucose-6-pho...
What medications does hydroxychloroquine interact with?
If you are taking digoxin, hydroxychloroquine may not be a good option for you. This answer was ada...
What is hydroxychloroquine?
Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) was developed to treat malaria, but was later found to be an effectiv...
How effective is hydroxychloroquine for treating rheumatoid arthritis?
Hydroxychloroquine has not been studied as much as other DMARDs. For people with RA, it seems to be ...