How soon will isoniazid, pyrazinamide and rifampin help my symptoms?

If you have tuberculosis (TB), it is possible that you could start feeling better a few weeks after you start taking isoniazid-pyrazinamide-rifampin (Rifater). However, you must not stop taking this drug early. You will probably need to take this combination antibiotic for at least two months before switching to other drugs to fight the disease.

Continue Learning about Anti-Infective Agent

What should I know about hydroxychloroquine before taking it?
Hydroxychloroquine should not be taken for prolonged periods by children. If you have glucose-6-pho...
How effective is hydroxychloroquine for treating rheumatoid arthritis?
Hydroxychloroquine has not been studied as much as other DMARDs. For people with RA, it seems to be ...
What is hydroxychloroquine?
Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) was developed to treat malaria, but was later found to be an effectiv...
What medications does hydroxychloroquine interact with?
If you are taking digoxin, hydroxychloroquine may not be a good option for you. This answer was ada...