What is Niravam?

Niravam is a prescription medication that treats anxiety caused by depression, panic disorders, and anxiety disorders. The active ingredient in this medication is alprazolam. This medication is classified as a benzodiazepine. It works by changing chemical imbalances in your brain that may be responsible for anxiety. Niravam comes as a tablet that you take by mouth.

Continue Learning about Anti-anxiety

How do I know if I'm taking too much anti-anxiety medication?
Dr. Sudeepta Varma, MDDr. Sudeepta Varma, MD
You may be taking too much anti-anxiety medication if you find you need it more often, and if your d...
What should I be aware of before I start taking anti-anxiety medication?
Sudeepta Varma, MDSudeepta Varma, MD
Before you start taking anti-anxiety medication, you should have a thorough work-up with your doctor...
What Should I Be Aware of Before I Start Taking Anti-Anxiety Medication?
What Are Some Alternative Therapies to Treat Anxiety?