Q

Anti-Aging Skin Care

What habits and environmental factors cause premature aging?

• A , Integrative Medicine, answered
    Most of the physical signs of aging such as wrinkles, stooped posture, stiff and achy joints, obesity and poor vision are brought on prematurely by environmental factors and the practice of particular bad habits. This means that unless genetically programmed to do so, many of the cells of your body are not intended to degenerate until very late in life—if at all. Excessive alcohol consumption, cigarette smoking, pessimism, anger, impatience, pollution, excessive exposure to sunlight, inactivity, prolonged exposure to stressful situations, and poor nutrition all lead to cellular damage that starts and accelerates the aging process.
    2 people found this helpful.
This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.
What products can help me make my skin look younger?