Should I talk to my doctor about my anoxic brain injury symptoms?

Anyone with symptoms of an anoxic brain injury needs to be seen by a doctor immediately. The underlying cause of the injury - such as cardiac arrest, for example - needs to be treated right away. Appropriate life-support systems - like mechanical ventilation - must be administered as soon as possible to help stabilize the body. The longer a person is deprived of oxygen, the worse the prognosis is for a successful recovery.

Continue Learning about Anoxic Brain Injuries

How does the length of a coma relate to anoxic brain injury outcomes?
In some cases, anoxic brain injuries can cause people to go into comas. Generally, the less time a p...
How do other illnesses affect anoxic brain injuries?
Cardiovascular disease and strokes can affect anoxic brain injuries by putting you at higher risk fo...
What parts of the brain are most vulnerable to anoxic brain injury?
The brain damage that occurs from an anoxic brain injury affects the whole brain. Some areas of the ...
What should I do if I suspect someone has had an anoxic brain injury?
If someone is losing consciousness or you suspect that they've had an anoxic brain injury, call 911 ...