How is my body affected in anorexia?

Watch one woman's journey with the disease of anorexia. In this video, Dr. Oz talks her through the damage done to her body.

Anorexia nervosa is an eating disorder of malnourishment, which can affect all body systems. Some of the more common body changes that can be seen in those with anorexia nervosa are:

• weight loss
  • fatigue and dizziness
  • hair loss
  • loss of tooth enamel
  • loss of muscle tone
  • loss of skin elasticity
  • low heart rate
  • low blood pressure
  • kidney problems

Continue Learning about Anorexia Nervosa

Can I get better if I have anorexia?
Riverside Health SystemRiverside Health System
Yes, you can defintely get better if you suffer from anorexia nervosa. Therapists, doctors, and nutr...
What is anorexia nervosa?
Anorexia nervosa is an eating disorder in which preoccupation with dieting and thinness leads to exc...
Is anorexia nervosa an eating disorder?
Anorexia nervosa is an eating disorder. A person with anorexia nervosa practices self-starvation. Ot...
What is the Pro-Ana movement for people with anorexia?
Katie Rickel, PhDKatie Rickel, PhD
The Pro-Ana movement is an underground cyberworld full of “thinspiration” -- motivational tactic...