How is my body affected in anorexia?

Watch one woman's journey with the disease of anorexia. In this video, Dr. Oz talks her through the damage done to her body.

Anorexia nervosa is an eating disorder of malnourishment, which can affect all body systems. Some of the more common body changes that can be seen in those with anorexia nervosa are:

• weight loss
  • fatigue and dizziness
  • hair loss
  • loss of tooth enamel
  • loss of muscle tone
  • loss of skin elasticity
  • low heart rate
  • low blood pressure
  • kidney problems

Continue Learning about Anorexia Nervosa

What is the Pro-Ana movement for people with anorexia?
Katie Rickel, PhDKatie Rickel, PhD
The Pro-Ana movement is an underground cyberworld full of “thinspiration” -- motivational tactic...
Can I get better if I have anorexia?
Riverside Health SystemRiverside Health System
Yes, you can defintely get better if you suffer from anorexia nervosa. Therapists, doctors, and nutr...
Can Women with Anorexia Be Saved?
Can Women with Anorexia Be Saved?
Can Excessive Juice Cleansing Lead to an Eating Disorder?