Why should I avoid making decisions when I am angry?

Some decisions are easier than others. Some don't require much thought at all, while others cause a lot of stress. One thing is certain: Decisions made in anger are likely to be impulsive and usually don't have good outcomes. That's why it's important to weigh your options before you react.

When you are angry, it is much harder to exercise good judgment when you have a choice to make. By making it a habit to think before you act, you can learn to react thoughtfully rather than giving in to anger.
The Anger Workbook for Teens: Activities to Help You Deal with Anger and Frustration (Instant Help)

Do you often find yourself in trouble because of anger? Do you react to situations and later regret how you behaved? Does your anger cause problems with other people? Are you tired of letting anger...

Continue Learning about Anger Management

Zen and the Art of Injury Prevention
Zen and the Art of Injury Prevention
Don't tackle a tough physical task if you're seeing red. Research suggests that being angry may increase a person's risk of injury nearly seven-fold....
How can drinking alcohol affect anger?
When you're thinking, "Boy, I need a drink," think again. The trouble is alcohol won't relieve h...
What are the stages of anger?
Raychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPCRaychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPC
Anger builds in stages. By understanding the progression of your anger, you can learn to quickly ide...
What Are the Symptoms of an Anger Control Problem?