How could someone who hurt me not be responsible for my anger?

Jacob Teitelbaum
Integrative Medicine

In extreme cases, such as if somebody has purposely injured us or someone we love, it is hard to remember that -- or understand how -- the other person is not responsible for our anger or rage. Although we certainly have the right to be angry, and this anger is natural and needs to be felt, we are more likely to retain our power if we do not claim victimization. Be careful not to blame yourself either. Remember that there is a major difference between blame and responsibility!

Three Steps to Happiness! Healing Through Joy

Happiness is our natural state of being. It is who we are. This happiness is obvious when you look at little children before they take on society’s beliefs. Their natural state is to feel all of...

Continue Learning about Anger Management

What Your Job Can Do to Your Heart
What Your Job Can Do to Your Heart
The funny thing about your heart not being in your job is that your job finds a way to affect your heart anyway. When researchers looked at men who fe...
What is anger control?
Raychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPCRaychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPC
Anger control is a way to help you get back into the driver’s seat of your life. It’s a way to manag...
How do medications treat anger control problems?
Medications may be helpful, but are not typically the first step in treating anger control problems....
How Can I Manage My Anger?
How Can I Manage My Anger?