How could someone who hurt me not be responsible for my anger?

Jacob Teitelbaum
Integrative Medicine

In extreme cases, such as if somebody has purposely injured us or someone we love, it is hard to remember that -- or understand how -- the other person is not responsible for our anger or rage. Although we certainly have the right to be angry, and this anger is natural and needs to be felt, we are more likely to retain our power if we do not claim victimization. Be careful not to blame yourself either. Remember that there is a major difference between blame and responsibility!

Three Steps to Happiness! Healing Through Joy

Happiness is our natural state of being. It is who we are. This happiness is obvious when you look at little children before they take on society’s beliefs. Their natural state is to feel all of...

Continue Learning about Anger Management

The Top 10 Angriest Cities in 2017
The Top 10 Angriest Cities in 2017
Could where you live be affecting your mental health? It’s possible. We used RealAge, our scientifically-backed test that analyzes your health history...
What are the treatment options for anger control problems?
The main treatment options are individual counseling or a group program. In individual counseling se...
How can I teach my child healthy anger management skills?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
If you want your kid to handle anger more appropriately then you must teach her a new behavior t...
What Are the Symptoms of an Anger Control Problem?