How do I let go of resentment?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Realize that there is no such thing as a missed opportunity. "I should have done that" and "If only I had said that" bring to mind all our failures, big and small.

Resentment wastes energy, yet it lingers seductively because it always comes with a ready-made target. The alternative is to look inward, mourn what might have been, take responsibility, and move on. Your soul sees no missed opportunities. In reality every road you traveled offered up an experience as a gift, and as the complex fabric of life wove itself, each experience added to your growth. In the deepest sense your life has been a string of opportunities that you met successfully.

Affirm today that there is nothing and no one to resent. For every small desire that didn't come true, your soul has widened the way for fulfilling your highest aspirations.

Continue Learning about Anger Management

A Flash of Red Can Sharpen Focus
A Flash of Red Can Sharpen Focus
When you need to make a tough decision, just think about the last time you were angry. Sounds counterintuitive, but a little anger can actually help ...
How can writing help me cope with anger?
Raychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPCRaychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPC
When you hold in your anger, it is likely to build. Expressing your feelings is an important fir...
When I'm angry, does it help to let out my aggression?
Most people are misinformed about the best way to handle anger. While you may think that lashing out...
Douse the Fire of Anger
Douse the Fire of Anger