How do I let go of resentment?

Deepak Chopra
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Realize that there is no such thing as a missed opportunity. "I should have done that" and "If only I had said that" bring to mind all our failures, big and small.

Resentment wastes energy, yet it lingers seductively because it always comes with a ready-made target. The alternative is to look inward, mourn what might have been, take responsibility, and move on. Your soul sees no missed opportunities. In reality every road you traveled offered up an experience as a gift, and as the complex fabric of life wove itself, each experience added to your growth. In the deepest sense your life has been a string of opportunities that you met successfully.

Affirm today that there is nothing and no one to resent. For every small desire that didn't come true, your soul has widened the way for fulfilling your highest aspirations.

Continue Learning about Anger Management

Is habitual anger unhealthy?
Raychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPCRaychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPC
Anger is a normal emotion. Chronic anger isn't. Carrying around a lot of anger is unhealthy physical...
Can anger control problems indicate other mental health issues?
Yes, having a problem controlling your anger may be an indication of another mental health issue. An...
Are problems with anger control serious?
Yes, anger control problems can be serious. Adverse health effects can occur such as headaches, slee...
How can I control my anger?
There are steps you can take to control anger better. Before saying or doing something you may regre...