How should I deal with anger?

This activity will help you symbolically release angry feelings you have been holding in. You'll need a balloon, small strips of paper, and something to write with.

On each strip of paper, write down something that made you really angry and that you haven't let go of. Next, roll each strip tightly and place it inside the balloon. Then blow air into the balloon, and as you do, focus on all the things you wrote down. After you have blown the balloon full of anger, hold the top of it closed. Take some deep breaths, say good-bye to everything the balloon is holding inside, and let it go. Watch as your worries sail across the room and are forever released.
The Anger Workbook for Teens: Activities to Help You Deal with Anger and Frustration (Instant Help)

Do you often find yourself in trouble because of anger? Do you react to situations and later regret how you behaved? Does your anger cause problems with other people? Are you tired of letting anger...
Dr. Kathleen Hall
Preventive Medicine
Anger is a poison that will rob you of real intimacy and community. Anger is a voice that will continue to grow like a wild fire destroying your life. Anger must be respected and listened to because anger is telling you something in your life is broken and needs healing. Never deny or dismiss your anger. The stress of living with chronic anger can affect your health. Embrace your anger by journaling it out of you or sharing your feelings with a friend or counselor. Anger is a gift that will lead you to living an intentional life.
A Life in Balance: Nourishing the Four Roots of True Happiness

Nautilus Book Awards Winners for 2007 (category: Self-Help/Psychology/ Personal Growth) "Like many people, Kathleen Hall found that despite great success and material wealth, she had yet to identify...

Continue Learning about Anger Management

A Flash of Red Can Sharpen Focus
A Flash of Red Can Sharpen Focus
When you need to make a tough decision, just think about the last time you were angry. Sounds counterintuitive, but a little anger can actually help ...
How do anger control problems affect other illnesses?
Anger may be a complication of an illness or disorder, such as Tourette syndrome, or a person may fe...
How can writing help me cope with anger?
Raychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPCRaychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPC
When you hold in your anger, it is likely to build. Expressing your feelings is an important fir...
How Can I Manage My Anger?
How Can I Manage My Anger?