How can I use breathing to deal with anger?

Next time you're seething, try this on-the-spot cool down (just not while driving): Close your eyes, relax and imagine yourself far away from what's making you mad. Breathe deeply, putting your forefinger on your belly button and feeling it move in and out. Then, see what kind of results you can get without yelling. You might be impressed enough to save your breath for good.

Continue Learning about Anger Management

How Pent Up Anger Can Actually Shorten Your Life
Anger is not a pleasant emotion. It can eat away at you over time, or it can explode all at once, blinding you to the feelings of others—it can make y...
How can I manage my anger?
While you may think that lashing out or hitting a pillow or a punching bag helps you release tensi...
How can an anger management contract help me control my anger?
Raychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPCRaychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPC
Signing an anger management contract is a way of making a commitment. It is like promising yours...
How Can I Manage My Anger?
How Can I Manage My Anger?