How can I use breathing to deal with anger?

Next time you're seething, try this on-the-spot cool down (just not while driving): Close your eyes, relax and imagine yourself far away from what's making you mad. Breathe deeply, putting your forefinger on your belly button and feeling it move in and out. Then, see what kind of results you can get without yelling. You might be impressed enough to save your breath for good.

Continue Learning about Anger Management

The Top 10 Angriest Cities in 2017
The Top 10 Angriest Cities in 2017
Could where you live be affecting your mental health? It’s possible. We used RealAge, our scientifically-backed test that analyzes your health history...
What is anger management therapy?
Betty Davis, LPC, NCCBetty Davis, LPC, NCC
Anger Management contains a series of techniques that a person can apply to their own anger in orde...
How can humor help me cope with anger?
Raychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPCRaychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPC
A situation that makes you angry is likely to have a different outcome depending on whether you allo...
Douse the Fire of Anger
Douse the Fire of Anger