How can I use breathing to deal with anger?

Next time you're seething, try this on-the-spot cool down (just not while driving): Close your eyes, relax and imagine yourself far away from what's making you mad. Breathe deeply, putting your forefinger on your belly button and feeling it move in and out. Then, see what kind of results you can get without yelling. You might be impressed enough to save your breath for good.

Continue Learning about Anger Management

zen and the art of injury prevention
zen and the art of injury prevention
Do not tackle a tough physical task if you are seeing red . research suggests that being angry may increase a person risk of injury nearly seven-fold ...
what is anger control ?
Anger control is also known as anger management. Anger is a natural and common feeling that people e...
what increases my risk of having an anger control problem ?
There are several risk factors that increase your chance of developing an anger control problem. How...
how can i prevent road rage ?
how can i prevent road rage ?